To provide the best possible water and sewer services to District customers in a cost efficient manner, and in a way that contributes to protecting Lake Whatcom’s water quality.
- To provide safe and reliable drinking water with sufficient capacity to meet fire flow requirements and sewerage collection to District customers.
- To establish connection charges and utility rates necessary to maintain the District’s financial viability.
- To protect the natural resources within the Lake Whatcom watershed through cooperative efforts with other community and governmental organizations.
- To be recognized as an outstanding public utility that is responsive to the diverse expectations of its customers.
- To maintain the District’s facilities through effective planning, prevention, and corrective maintenance practices.
- To provide sewer and water service to those portions of the District as may reasonably be served.
- To have an organization environment that is responsive to customer needs, promotes teamwork and a safe work environment, and allows all people to achieve their full potential.