Building & Permitting FAQs

How do I purchase a permit?

Permits are issued by appointment only. Complete your permit application packet and return to the Lake Whatcom Water & Sewer District office.  When the permit is ready, a District representative […]

Can you recommend a plumber?

We are not able to recommend specific plumbers to our customers, however, there are many qualified plumbers in Bellingham.  If you are looking for a contractor to install a new […]

What is a Cross Connection?

A cross connection is any actual or potential physical connection between a potable (i.e., drinkable) water line and any pipe, vessel, or machine containing a non-potable fluid, solid, or gas […]