The Comprehensive Sewer Plan for Lake Whatcom Water and Sewer District is updated every six years as required by state law. The plan has been prepared in accordance with the Washington State Department of Ecology (DOE) guidelines as presented in WAC 173‐240-50.
The purpose of this report is to provide a comprehensive overview of the existing sewage installations and treatment facilities operated and maintained by Lake Whatcom Water and Sewer District. In addition, this report addresses potential future facilities development and projected population growth, including the following topics:
- system owner/operator information,
- sewer system layout including a description of the existing system boundaries, description of existing collection facilities including recently completed improvements,
- discussion of development trends within sewer district boundaries,
- discussion of existing and future collection and treatment issues such as existing and future sewer flows, and infiltration/inflow,
- discussion of sewer rate structure and revenue planning,
- discussion of present and future development alternatives within the district boundaries,
- outline of future improvement projects within the District.
Click below to view.
2020 Sewer Comprehensive Plan Update
The District is required to update its Sewer Comprehensive Plan every 6 years. Pending Board of Commissioner approval at the February 12, 2020 meeting, the below final draft will be sent to required reviewing agencies for comment and approval.