Lake Whatcom Water and Sewer District understands that the situations caused from the pandemic have affected everyone in a different way. On Friday, July 2, 2021, the Governor announced that the moratorium on utility disconnection and late fees will be extended through September 30, 2021 to coincide with the extension of the moratorium on housing evictions. The Governor’s office has made it clear that this will be the last extension. With the release of the new information and extension, some ways customers can seek assistance with utility accounts:
- Contact the District office at 360-734-9224 to set up a payment plan;
- Contact the Opportunity Council Bellingham office at 360-734-5121 for assistance in paying other utility bills and to seek information on upcoming plans to assist with water and sewer bills;
- Call 2-1-1 or visit https://www.commerce.wa.gov/utility-assistance;
- Seek qualification for Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) by calling the Energy line at 360-255-2192;
- Senior/Disabled rate reduction with Whatcom County by calling 360-778-5050 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to our office with questions or concerns regarding your account.
Various resources are available for residents of Whatcom County.
Whatcom Unified Command
Resources for Individuals and Families including financial resources and utilities assistance.
Washington State Coronavirus Response
Resources to help your family stay healthy, find financial support services, and more.
Washington Department of Financial Institutions
List of financial resources for Washington consumers impacted by the Coronavirus.
Information and guidance for individuals, families, and households to limit the spread of COVID-19 in Whatcom County.